ES-1 Edge Metal
ES-1 Certified Edge Systems
From the highest wind resistance to lighter duty, our perimeter systems have you covered. Tri-State Metals perimeter edge-to-edge and ES-1 complaint systems are built weather-tough with premium quality, heavy-gauge materials and a fully supporting anchor chair that will meet the strictest of standards. The anchor chair is manufactured in continuous lengths and pre-punched, taking the guesswork out of cleat fastener spacing. This unique design prevents sag and supports the coping for a markedly superior installation that’s also quick and easy. Spring-Tite copings are precision-engineered to provide maximum wind resistance and eliminate roof edge blow off.
- Fact: It’s estimated that 60% of all litigation claims related to buildings originate from a failure associated with the roofing area. By extension, out of all construction litigation, 36% of all lawsuits are attributed to metal edge failures and that 60% of all roof warranty claims are attributed to metal edge failures! The importance of a proerly designed roof edge system cannot be underestimated or ignored.
- Fact: Roof Edges typically represent about 1% of the cost of the overall building!
- Fact: Use and specify only ES-1 Rated Roof Edge Systems.
What’s a ES-1 Rated Roof Edge System?
ES-1 is a reference for those who design, specify, fabricate or install low slop roof edges. It’s based upon the information in ASCE 7-02″ Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures. ANSI/SPRI ES-1 provides a calculation and test methose for determining wing uplift pressures on perimeter roof edge terminations.
- The ability of the roof edge treatment to resist the pull of the roof material inwardly towards the field of the roof.
- The Resistance of the edge treatment to outward and upward forces which tend to blow or peel edge systems off a building.
- It’s part of the International Building Code…so it’s funcational a LAW to use ES-1 perimeter systems however it’s not always enforced at the local level.
Roof Edge for Flat Roofing
|SPRING TITE COPING||DOWNLOADS|
|SNAP GRAVEL STOP||DOWNLOADS|
|7″ BOX GUTTER||DOWNLOADS|
Tri-State Metals standard colors are produced by AkzoNobel and contain a minimum of 70% PVDF (Kynar500/Hylar5000) base resin with ceramic pigments. All colors are formulated to ensure consistent appearance, quality and long-term appearance.Our Family of Product Warranties
- Tri-State Metals Gold Standard 35 Year Non-Prorated Paint and System Warranty
- Tri-State Metals PVDF 35 Year Paint Warranty
- Tri-State Metals SMP 25 Year Paint Warranty
- Tri-State Metals PVDF 35 Year Paint and Aluminum Substrate Warranty
- Tri-State Metals International Paint Warranty
Why so many warranties? The answer is simple....there is not a “one size fits all” warranty.
The Gold Standard Warranty covers the entire Tri-State Metals system from the roof deck up and is offer exclusively through our network of fabricators and certified installers. Here are the benefits; If our product fails during the warranty period, Tri-State Metals will replace your roof at no cost to you and since your Tri-State Metals metal roof is a sensible investment, if you ever decide to sell your property we will transfer the warranty to the next owner(s) for the life of the warranty. For homeowners, its importnat to note that according to Remodeler Magazine you will recoup 85% of your initial investment upon the sale of your property.
Our steel products are painted over prime, made in the USA, Galvalume, AZ50 and is all Tension Leveled for superior flatness. Galvalume is an aluminum/zinc coated carbon steel product that was designed specifically for building products and contains approximately 80% aluminum in the coating by volume. Galvalume offers much better cut edge protection than traditional hot dipped galvanized products. It carries a 25 year warranty against perforation.
Our aluminum products are painted over prime, made in the USA, aluminum. We use multiple alloys and tempers to ensure that the products supplied will meet and/or exceed your requirements. We are big fans of using our painted aluminum products for coastal applications and have invested a lot of R&D funds to ensure our aluminum roof systems meet and/or exceed the high wind requirements. Our painted aluminum in salt environments does carry a 25-year warranty, however there are annual maintenance requirements.
Drexlume is our version of mill finished Galvalume® with a two-sided, clear acrylic finish that is installed as a unpainted product. The clear acrylic is there to aid with roll forming and will weather away over time (no impact to the performance). Drexlume carries a 25-Year Non Pro-rated Drexlume Warranty (Acrylic Coated Galvalume)